I have wanted to try banana bread for a while and I finally did and let me tell you it was amazing. I was watching Essie Button on Youtube and she made a really simple banana bread recipe in one of her videos ( watch it here) and I decided to try it. I have to say it was gorgeous and I decided to add some chocolate chips to my bread because chocolate just makes everything better. You could also add walnuts to the recipe either. The recipe couldn’t be simpler and it’s super easy to follow along with Essie’s video so nothing can go wrong. The recipe is in cup measurements but instead of converting it a easy trick I use is just to take a mug and use that as my measure and it works.This is a great way to use up bananas that are beginning to go brown.
Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
3-4 ripe bananas
3/4 cup buter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1.Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2.Place bananas, baking soda and milk in a bowl and mash bananas with a fork.
3. Place all dry ingredients in a separate bowl and mix together:Flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Whisk together the brown sugar and the soften butter. When this is mixed together add the egg to the mix and continue whisking.
5. Add the vanilla to the mixture. Then add the banana mixture to the butter and sugar mixture.
6. Gradually add the dry flour mixture to the wet mixture. When all mixed together fold in the chocolate chips.
7. Grease your bread tins and place pour mixture in.
8.Place in the oven to bake for around 60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
This mix will made 2 loaves.